Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tyce's Farewell

Sundays seem to be my make up blog days. So here is a crash course of what we have been up to lately.

My little brother left on his mission. Jeremy and I took a quick weekend trip to Idaho to say goodbye.  All seven of my brothers and sisters were able to come to his farewell. Getting all seven of us together has become quite an ordeal. We were all very excited that we could come together to support Tyce. Tyce is a natural speaker, and did very well of his farewell talk. I couldn't be prouder of my not so little brother. He is an awesome kid. The people of the Marshall Islands are so lucky to get such a hard working kid. I can't believe he is already old enough to be going on a mission. It seems like yesterday that we would stay up watching movies, and talking until all hours of the night.


Tyce and Keaton. These two are the best of friends. They will both miss each other over the next two years.

Tycefarewellkeat

All seven brothers and sisters.


farewellsiblings

The boys. I love my parents backyard. You can see for miles across the fields.


farwellboys

Farewellcouch

Tyce and Chadlin. She is such a cute girl. It was fun to finally meet her.

Chadlin and Tycce


I also got to meet this little cutie! Baby Emme was only about three weeks  old. My sister was trooper for driving all the way from Denver with her two little ones. I didn't want to put her down all weekend.

IMG_0515[1]



So funny story, on our trip to Idaho we had a lay over in Denver. We both had hurried from work to catch our flight on Friday so we were starving! We decided to each get a personal pan pizza from pizza hut. I was half way through my pizza when i looked down and saw a big juicey FLY laying on my pizza. It was disgusting. I was all of the sudden no longer hungry. We later saw the following sign and thought it was rather fitting that the "EAT FLIES" sign was next to the pizza hut sign.

 IMG_0502[1]

3 comments:

  1. Ah sick (about the fly)! That's cool you got together with all your siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new posts....and LOVED the halloween costumes. Kurt was just saying how its kind of fun to see another couple in the family live the married life with no kids. We still cherish those 3 plus years we had just the two of us. You will be forever glad you have all these times to look back on:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I miss your family! I can't believe Tyce is old enough to be on a missioN! I remember talking about him learning to ride a bike! haha Time goes way to fast! I am so happy to hear that Houston is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete