Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day Weekend- The USS Texas

This boat was awesome! It was a battle ship they used in the Navy during World War I and II. It was the  largest boat I have ever seen. It had four levels. Each level more complex than the last. They said the boat would house and feed up to 1800 men at one time. The sleeping arrangements were the thing that really got me. The men would sleep in these tiny cots that were stacked 4 cots high. Ahh I got claustrophobic just looking at them. The guns were also amazing. Everywhere we looked guns were sticking out from openings  in the boat. I  wouldn't have wanted to be faced up against this bad boy back in the day. I'm sure it did a lot of damage.

IMG_0369[1]

IMG_0367[1]

IMG_0366[1]

Sorry for the squints. It was so bright.

IMG_0370[1]

3 comments:

  1. This all looks so fun you guys! If we ever get down south we for sure are looking you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all your new posts, I officially need to get caught up! Hope your class is good to you this year:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sweet. We went on a tour of a war submarine in Wisconsin and it was fascinating. I had the same bunk feeling. Gave me a whole new appreciation.

    ReplyDelete